Optimized fertilizer cooling
Our moving bed heat exchangers guarantee highly efficient thermal performance and ongoing reliable operation for cooling fertilizer without product caking. The proprietary process, which uses vertical plate technology to indirectly cool the product, is designed for long-term operation without the need for regular cleaning as the unit prevents the formation of condensation and therefore product caking.
Each unit is custom designed taking into account:
• Type of fertilizer
• Required thermal performance
• Local ambient conditions
• Selection of optimum water temperatures
• Selection of optimum purge air flow rate and dewpoint to prevent condensation
Watch how our moving bed heat exchangers use vertical plate technology to indirectly cool fertilizer and phosphates:
Solex is a trusted partner with more than 30 years of experience in thermal processing equipment for bulk fertilizer products. Our technology is active in more than 150 fertilizer reference plants located in a wide range of climates, from dry and moderate to subtropical and tropical, for all types of fertilizer, including:
"The CAN [fertilizer] plant started up on June 5, and until now [September], the Solex cooler hasn’t needed cleaning yet and is working perfectly. [After one year of operation] the operators already forgot [about] the coolers.”
Gemlik Gubre Sanayii A.S., Turkey
“Of all the engineering packages I received for the project, Solex’s was the most complete and thorough.”
Agrium Borger Engineering Manager, April 2017
Refer to our cooling page to understand how the Solex heat exchanger works to cool fertilizer.
Why choose Solex?
- Reliable, long-term operation
- Maintenance and cleaning cycles match granulation plant maintenance schedule
- Low power consumption
- Use less than 90% less energy compared to direct cooling methods
- No product caking
- Zero product degradation
- Near zero emissions
- Complete system: fertilizer cooler, water temperature control, purge air supply
- Small installation footprint
- Low operation and maintenance costs
- Relatively low total cost of ownership compared to traditional equipment
- International technical service support
We collaborate closely with you throughout the entire life cycle of the product. Our approach includes being there every step of the way – from engineering and development to installation, training and ongoing support.
Improve your efficiency, lower costs and improve your end product with the world’s most efficient technology for fertilizer.
How Can We Help?
Request a quote, ask a question or arrange a consultation. We will have the most qualified team for your application get back to you within one business day.
Sign Up Today!
Would you like to receive periodic updates from Solex on news, events and products?