Articles & Case Studies
What Makes Solex Technology So Efficient?
Traditional Cooling Technology Requires High Energy Consumption
The most common method of cooling bulk solids is direct air-cooling – like fluid bed coolers or drum coolers. With this method, large horsepower fans take in and blow ambient air across the product. The air is then discharged through an air cleaning system to an exhaust stack. The inherent problem with using air to directly cool bulk solids is the significant quantity of air required and the expense involved in chilling, processing and cleaning that air.
Solex Cooling Technology Requires Minimal Energy
The Solex technology cools bulk solids indirectly using water. With this technology, cooling water is pumped through a vertical bank of hollow stainless steel plates while the bulk solid passes between the plates at a rate sufficient to achieve the required cooling. No air is required in the cooling process and the energy requirements are minimized. The total energy consumption of the Solex heat exchanger can be 90% less than air-cooling methods.
Energy Savings Example
Compare the energy consumption of the Solex indirect cooling technology to a typical
fluid bed cooler.
|Example:||50 tph Facility|
|Energy Consumption:||The energy consumption of the Solex cooler is 0.3 kWh/tonne vs 7 kWh/tonne for a typical fluid bed cooler.|
|Energy Savings:||The total electrical energy savings over five years is approximately USD $750,000.|
Other Articles & Case Studies
- How Fluid Bed Technology Works for Cooling, Heating and Drying...
- Ultra-Efficient Technology for Drying Grains and Oilseeds
- The Bulk Solids Cooler – The Technology is not Nearly as...
- The Solex Fertilizer Cooler Helps Optimize Fertilizer Production...
- Optimal Drying of Bulk Solids Despite Variable Inputs
- Innovative Bulk Solids Heat Exchanger Saves Energy Reduces...
- Direct or Indirect Cooling. Which Technology is More Efficient...
- Salt Cooling How to Cool 50% More Salt with no Additional...
ASK AN EXPERT
Have a question?
Need more information?
We are ready to help.